Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Great Friends

Me, Jamie, Mikaela and Katie on our way to Urgent Care

Yesterday, I sliced my ankle open and didn't even notice it until my friend Beautiful pointed it out to me. I tried to figure out where I had gotten the scratch from but I couldn't think of anything that would have scratched me without my realizing it. Then, when I was at the YASE talent show that night, I noticed another scrape on my ankle and then FINALLY realized it was from a piece of rusty metal protruding from my flip flop.

And then the eventful night began...

I yanked the metal out of my shoe and showed it to my friend Katie, who then pointed out to me that being scraped with rusty metal is very dangerous and can result in tetanus. We called her sister, who is a nurse, and she advised that if I didn't have an up to date tetanus shot, we go to an urgent care immediately.

Unfortunately... the one in walking distance was closed. My new friend Whitney was kind enough to drive Mikaela, Jamie, Katie and I to another urgent care that, unfortunately closed literally one minute before we arrived.

To ensure that I was okay, Katie checked on me at 2 and 4 in the morning. I feel so blessed to have friends that first of all put up with me and my ridiculous shenanigans, but are also so kind and sweet hearted that they are willing to sacrifice their sleep to make sure that I am doing alright.

I am very blessed indeed :)

2 comments:

  1. Wha?!! And weren't we just talking about tetanus shots that same day? The kind that hurt? I'm sorry. We shoulda put some stuff on right then. But I bet now...your arm hurts worse then your ankle. Sure love you Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, true friends. So glad you are surrounded by them - you are one blessed girl. Hugs to Katie for playing my role. Sure love that girl.

    ReplyDelete